Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This book review had a horrible title



By Maddie P. 

The book Night by Elie Wiesel is about Elie himself as a Jewish boy living through the many trials of WWII in Europe. He is taken away from his house and eventually placed in the largest concentration camp, Auschwitz. He tells his story of survival through the toughest years of his life that made him who he is.  The genre is autobiography. Other books he has written include, Dawn, Day, and Open Heart.


This was a great book it told Elie's journey through his own eyes, into the life of a boy growing up in a concentration camp. The story really makes the reader feel as if they are there with him and as a teenager myself, I can relate to some of his emotions. There was a lot of symbolism in this book, especially with the title. The only thing that I did not like was how the story ended. It is obvious that a book like this cannot end like a fairy tale, but it left me hanging. I would've liked to know how he continued living his life which he mentioned a bit in the preface. Even that part seemed vague and confusing. Also, the beginning was confusing. I could not tell what I was reading at first. I only learned when I read the back cover
I would recommend this book for two reasons: It is a great story that you won't want to put down, and it tells the story that was in a very important part of our history and should not be forgotten. You can find this book in many places online, just search the title, and bookstores like Barnes and Nobles.

No comments:

Post a Comment