Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Write Way

         By Someone Who Didn't Include a Byline

The Way We Write is a collection of writing advice from authors from the New Hampshire's Writers' Project. While reading this book on writing, i couldn't help but look back on my writing and think about how i do the exact same thing they were saying not to do.



           This reference of writing had a lot of good things that helped keep it interesting enough for me to read through the whole thing. There were many light-hearted pieces of advice. I liked how it wasn't thick and usually got right to the point of what they were trying to explain. I really enjoyed the way that the authors could incorporate humor into every section.
           Although this did have some bad parts, they were not something that stood out like a sore thumb, they were just small things that stuck in the back of my mind as i read through this. I didn't like how some of the things they were saying were masked under a bunch of words, each piece of advice had, things to do, things not to do and everything in between that made it so hard to understand, at some points.
   I would recommend that people read this book to help them with writing. It did help me, some, but also it made me look back at how i wrote at the beginning of the semester compared to how i do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment