Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Fault In Our Stars

By Shelise R.

John Greene, a promising author of the top selling book, The Fault In Our Stars, is not your average love story. This book has an interesting twist rather than being a simple love story about a boy and a girl who fall in love and break up. This seems like an everyday average book that would only grab the attentions of others due to the popularity. I, however, read this book before the movie came out. I reread this book several times, and every time it gets better. This book is about 2 teenagers who are suffering from different types of cancers. They are trying to live an average everyday life, but struggle due to their disabilities.


I definitely enjoyed this book. It seems like a basic choice, but it is by far my favorite book. I finished it the same day I bought it, and have reread it many times. This book has helped me learn to appreciate the little things in life, and not take advantage of the things I'm so used to using. Hazel, the main character, has breathing problems and has to carry an oxygen tank with nubbins up her nose. Augustus, another main character, has had one part of a leg removed due to cancer. Then, there's another character who has lost both eyes do to cancer. This book has helped me to see how easy I have it and how I should feel blessed for everything that God has blessed me with.
If you haven't already, I would recommend reading this book. It is one of the most touching books. John Greene is an amazing author who really knows how to get into a character and act as if he were them. I really suggest reading this book to anyone who hasn't done so already.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene, Dutton Penguin, January 2012, 313 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment