Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Must Love Animals



By Kathrynn K.
Animal Wise is written by Virginia Morell. She has also written Ancestral Passions, Blue Nile: Ethiopia's River of Magic and Mystery, and Wildlife Wars: My Battle to Save Kenya's Elephants. The genre of this book is non- fiction. This book questions whether or not animals have the ability to think the same way humans do. Morell shares her life experiences with animals and she shares what questions run through her head about these creatures.


        What I enjoyed about this book is all of the different animals, from ants to elephants Morell has an experience to tell us about them all. I enjoyed this book because of my own love for animals. Unless you are very interested in animals then I do not recommend this book for you. What I did not like about this book was how dragged out it was. It is a very long read because Morell shares every single detail, which isn't a bad thing but some parts could have been cut out and I would have still got the point. What I appreciate about this book is Morell uses a journalistic view on this subject. Morell stays completely neutral when studying this subject. We all know that dogs have the ability to understand what humans ask of them after some training, but did you know that new studies suggest border collies can learn new words as quickly as a toddler can?
        If you love animals and own your own pet then I HIGHLY recommend this book for you. It made me aware of how intelligent animals actually are. This book could be a helpful tool when it comes to your own pet because after you read Animal Wise you have a better understanding of the process of animals thinking.
Animal Wise, by Morell  Morell, Broadway Books, March 25, 2014, 304 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment