Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Obsessed

By Caitlyn B

Go Ask Alice was written by an anonymous 15 year old, in diary form. When I looked up the book, it said the author was Beatrice Sparks. But, I'm not sure how true that is.  I assume the narrator of the book is Alice. It started when she was served a soft drink laced with LSD in a party game. Within months, she was hooked. She ran away from her home and went on a journey that would rob her of her innocence, her youth, and her life. In the epilogue of her diary, it says that Alice died three weeks later from an overdose.



I thought this book was a good read. I understood the point the writer was trying to get across but sometimes, I thought the entries were poorly written. I feel that sometimes, the narrators addiction could have been portrayed better. Sometimes, the situation seemed overplayed and cliche.
I suggest this book, cautiously, to people. Sometimes, it could get tough to read because of how much you want to help this misguided girl. Her addiction was just a party, at first. Thens he started partying every weekend, then she didn't even need the party. I think this book is a good read for 13-15 year olds. Although, the content may be confusing for those on the younger side, the way it is portrayed is very immature.

You can find this book at almost any bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment