Wednesday, January 28, 2015

'City of Books'

By Shivani P.
I have recently read City Of Bones the final installment of the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Clare has also written City of Heavenly Fire, City of Ashes,  City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls.  Clary was just an average human, or so she thought. Her mother was overprotective of Clary for some reason. One night Clary with her best friend Simon were partying at Club Pandemonium when she sees two teenagers killing a person, no, a demon. No one else could see them but Clary and other shadow hunters. Not too long after, her mother gets kidnapped and its up to Clary to find her.


I enjoyed this book because of the action and the drama between Her, Simon and Jace. Clare keeps me grasped from the first page. Its refreshing that this isn't a dystopian novel. Every now and then I love a good Dystopian novel but I enjoy Fantasy a bit more. I love that the Author made 'runes' which is what the shadow hunters magic is/ Clare made a whole unique system on which the shadow hunter race lives on and I thought that was amazing.
I recommend this book for people who love suspense and cliffhangers. There is a love triangle going on in this book and lets face it, everyone loves a good love triangle. I wouldn't recommend this book for people who are under 13 due to language and plot content. You can locate all of these books at Barnes and Noble and The Nashua South Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment