Monday, April 7, 2014

You Are "Selected" to Read This Book!


By: Shivani P.

The book that I read just this past month is called The Selection. This amazing story was written
by Kiera Cass. She also wrote The Elite, and her final book in The Selection trilogy, The One. The genre of this book is Dystopian. The Selection is about a young girl named America Singer who lives in the new nation known as New Ilia. America is known as a 5 in the caste system while her boyfriend Aspen, is a 6. There comes a time were Ilia chooses the next princess to marry the Prince of Ilea and ascend the throne. A total of  35 girls are chosen all around the country despite their caste number, to take part in The Selection. These girls will compete for the crown as well as to be the lucky bride of handsome Prince Maxwell. America reluctantly entered, and got the spot as one of the 35. She really did not care for the Prince bu as soon as the two spent more and more time together, her heart had a change of thought. Maybe the Prince is not as bad as she thought. What does this mean for her and Aspen. Read to find out!



There are many good aspects to this book. First things first, it is not about vampires, werewolves or angels for once! I mean I am a big fan of Sci-Fi but sometimes I just need a break! It may have to deal with Princess but trust me, it’s not really all about that.I was reluctant to read this at first but then a friend recommended it to me and I gave it a try and let me just say that I am glad I did
You should definitely read this book if you like Divergent or The Hunger Games. You can find this book at Barnes and Nobel, Nashua Public library, or Nashua High North library.
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment