Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What A Bird Trick


By Isaiah B.
Written by Jackie Macmullan, and Bird and Magic themselves. When the Game was Ours is a book based off of their whole careers. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird two of the top 50 basketball players teamed up with Jackie Macmullan to reminisce on the good o'l days. Magic and Bird aren't known for their writing. They are known for their beautiful bouts on the basketball court, and that's exactly what this book is about.


Two of the greatest basketball players to ever step on the court are, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Both apart of basketball dynasties, and also apart of the two best franchises in league history. These two clashed on the hardwood, in college and in the NBA their entire careers. These were the match ups every basketball fan wanted to see and they never ceased to amaze.
I love basketball so this book was really interesting. I also really enjoy learning new information and history of basketball. This book helped with that a lot. Before reading this book I did not know too much of Bird and Magic's encounters on the hardwood. Reading such an interesting book like this gave me a large amount of information. A big thing I liked about the book is when Magic and Bird talked about old games in the finals they played against each other. I also enjoyed when they talked about their face off in the national championship in college. Them talking about that game gave me more information on it than I already knew.
This book was a great read and I enjoyed opening it up. I read the book from cover to cover and it was superbly interesting, especially because I am a huge basketball fan. I strongly recommend this book for any sports fan to pick up and read. This book taught me stuff I didn't know about these two greats, maybe it will do the same for you.
When the game was ours can be found in public libraries, and online websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment