Monday, June 13, 2016

Nankings Suffering


By Ahiml M.
The book "The Rape of Nanking" by Iris Chang is a story about the Japanese army raid the city of Nanking and rape, kill and torture the Chinese citizines of Nanking. The story is told from 3 different perspectives. The perspectives are from the Japanese soldiers who did it, the Americans and Europeans who made it safe for Chinese citizens and saved lives and the Chinese citizens who experienced what the Japanese had done to them.


"The Rape of Nanking" is a good book. I liked the book but I could be biased towards it since I am interested in history. Readers with the same interest as me would enjoy this book. The three perspectives make you understand what was happening and how other groups feel about the situation. I have never read a book with multiple perspectives and will look for books with multiple perspectives in the future. This book kept me interested and I did not want to stop reading.
"The Rape of Nanking" is good for readers who want to learn about what happened to Chinese people during World War 2 and how different people see things in World War 2. I would not recommend "The Rape of Nanking" for readers who find history boring. This book could be found at your local library, online to be shipped to you or downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment