Saturday, June 18, 2016

SLAAAMM DUUNNKK!!

By: Isaiah B.
Mike Lupica is one of the most well known writers today. A few of his books such as Travel Team, Million Dollar Throw, the and Miracle on 49th Street I have enjoyed reading. A book I recently read by him that I've enjoyed is Fast Break. Fast Break is a fiction book about a boy who is living on his own because his mother died, and because he was abandoned by his mother's boyfriend. He is all by himself at the age of 12 with a goal of getting out of this struggle. The only family he has are his friends and the basketball court behind the projects in North Carolina Hills. Knowing he has no guardian Jayson does whatever he can to not be sent to foster care.


Fast Break was a really great read for me. I enjoyed the plot of the book so much. I loved reading a story about a kid going through the trials and tribulations of life at such a young age. It has great characters who fit well with the story. Their personalities in my opinion fit perfectly with the plot of the novel. It was just such a good book overall and I enjoyed reading it.
Fast Break was such a good book in my opinion. It will be worth your time to pick it up and read it. I recommend this book to anyone because it is so good.
Fast Break can be found in public libraries and online websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment