Monday, June 20, 2016

Angelica N's last book review

By Angelica N.


This book is about a girl who is anorexic, everyone believes that she is happy and full of life, but she actually is struggling with self love and a eating disorder. She eats less and self harms, she pretends like everything's okay and that she is very happy, but when no one's around, she breaks down, self harms and makes herself throw up just to "lose weight". This book changed my perspective on mental illness disorders, it's so sad i read it and it basically affected me. I felt so bad i even skipped a meal or two, not because of my body weight, because i felt bad that she did it daily, just to feel good, and stronger.



It was written by an anonymous author, and that to me makes the book even more interesting. The only reason why i read this book is because my 14 year old sister was reading it when she was going through a rough time with self love, and mental illness. I wanted to know what my sister was feeling so i could help her and maybe understand why she felt the way she felt, and after reading this book it helped alittle.

Anna had a good family and many friends, but no one actually saw past that, she was so obsessed with getting skinnier she didn't even have time for anything else, she kept a journal with all the calories she ate, and she would try to eat something with less calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment