Thursday, June 9, 2016

How to Read

By Deonte M.

How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading
By Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren. This is a book that teaches you the whole concept of reading.it shows you more or less of how to try to understand a book and strategies to have a better understanding. It also shows you the difference from learning by instruction and learning by discovery. This book also explains the levels of reading.


My opinion of the book:
First and for most I never was really a reader but this book did help me get the concept of reading a book and getting a better understanding of how to read most books. This book is all about reading but I feel that it also teaches you how to write. I believe that if you are taught how to read you are also taught to write. This book has showed me many things that haven't knew. I like this book because even though it not a big book it is straight forward with the facts about reading. Another reason I liked reading this book because I like the desire feeling of learning something new and defiantly when it's easy to learn. Overall I recommend this book and feel it is a good choice to learn something new and learn it easily

No comments:

Post a Comment