Friday, May 27, 2016

Writing for Dummies


 By Jack R.
     
For my final book report of the semester I chose the book Writing a Novel and Getting Published for Dummies to read. The author of this book is George Green. This book on how to write and get published talks about many different aspects of careers and writing.


Green starts off by explaining the world of a writer and how to indulge yourself into it. It isn't just a hobby, it is a lifestyle change. The book contains 6 parts with 23 chapters. I personally enjoyed the publication part of the book. It was very educational and answered all my questions on how to get published and how to find the right agency to back you.  The last part of the book is called The part of tens, which starts on page 279. This part of the book is written for the writer in hopes he or she follows basic writing rules. Common mistakes, tips for writers, answers to the top ten questions asked from writers to agencies and even more tips from published authors are listed in this part of the book. I believed this to be very helpful because I personally love asking questions about writing and am always curious how to strengthen my writing skills. Although, I don't always know the right questions to ask and still believe that writing should have no answers. Its all to the readers' digression, once the words hit paper and the novel written is completed, the author has no more ties with it. The author dies. This book pushed those boundaries and even though it was somewhat a bottom feeding book, I didn't mind reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment