Friday, May 20, 2016

Learning that Crap Sells


By Ashley N

After reading the graphic novel, Kevin Keller, Welcome to Riverdale, by Dan Parent, I learned that crap sells. There was nothing special about it to me. It was like reading a children's book based on high school events. The only thing different for this time period is that the main character, Kevin, is a homosexual. Which then again isn't really that special.


While reading the book it basically goes through stupid events such as Kevin's friend has a crush on him but, he's a homosexual. Then Kevin gets ditched at prom by a boy and sent him a letter. Next Kevin goes on a date with a new boy, etc. The only useful thing in this book is his confidence in his sexuality which really isn't even what the book was trying to get at but I can see someone reading it and it helping them out.

Overall reading this book was at the same reading level as a fourth grader and I was disappointed immensely. I think I could crap out a graphic novel in a month. The only thing that kept me reading was my childlike sense for books with lots of pictures. My end point is I wouldn't recommend reading this book, pick up something with an actual plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment