Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Movie Was Better (This is not a critical essay)

By Zack T

Left Behind is a book written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. The book takes the Christian idea of the "rapture" and turns it into a thrilling story. The main character in the book, Smith, has a family of 3 after his son passed away. The story starts off with him away from his family since he's a pilot when people all around the world disappear off the face of the Earth in an instant. It takes everyone only hours to conclude that it's happening everywhere, not just where they happen to be at that time. The remainder of the story is Smith and some other characters meeting and trying to make sense of everything that's happened and predict what will happen next.


                I personally didn't enjoy this book very much. I was entertained for the first half or so and then each page after that just felt like the same thing. The resolution of the book wasn't the closure I would've like, but I won't spoil that. One thing I liked about the book was that it didn't take very long for some action to start taking place. It seemed like the moment I knew each character, there was something chaotic going on. One thing I didn't like about this story was the story arch. It started off so strong and fast but after that, for the most part, failed to keep my interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment