Friday, May 27, 2016

Croak was DEAD boring (This is not really a critical essay)


By Ashley J

Croak, by Gina Damico, was a book, I personally found torturous trying to read. The writing itself was good, I liked the main character, Lex, and her personality. But I could NOT get into the story, for me the story took too long to get into, it was kinda like reading Hunger Games or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which are all good books (and movies). The writing moved a little too slow for me.


The main character was snarky and she reminded me of a stereotypical teenager. One who acts out, gets in trouble a lot, gets suspended, etc. I fell in love with the character when I read the line;
             "'You bit him?' Lex's father said.
'He called me a wannabe vampire,' she said. 'What was I supposed to do?'"

The story just didn't move fast enough for me to enjoy, if you read slower or enjoy plot that moves slow, you'll enjoy the book. I liked the concept and everything else about it, just not the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment