Thursday, May 12, 2016

Finding the Answers



By Ahmil M.
In Robert B. Parker's book "The Boxer and the Spy", the main protagonist, Terry Novak is a learning boxer and he and his friend Abby come across something that gains their interest. Jason Green had died. Jason Green was a teen that lived in the area. The death was blamed on suicide caused by the usage of steroids. Terry doubts that steroids can cause someone to kill themselves. He thinks there was someone involved in his death and he is driven to prove it. Terry starts asking around school about steroids and its side effects even after several threats to stop snooping around.


"The Boxer and the Spy" is certainly not one of the best books I have read nor even in the top three. If I was to give this book a rating out of ten, ten being the best it would be a 4. Not my cup of tea on this book. "The Boxer and the Spy" made me realize I do not like mysteries. I was sort of misleaded by the cover of the book but once I reached a certain point in the book I learned the title was not. A lot of chatting and it made the book boring to me. I struggled to keep reading it.
This book would be good for people who love mysteries and putting pieces together. I would not recommend this book for people who find constant talking and mysteries boring. This book could possibly be found at your local library, online to be shipped to you or downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment