Friday, May 9, 2014

Would you risk your life for prison?

Hole in My Life
Would you risk your life for prison?
By Jacob G.

                The book I chose for my final and last book review had to be on writing, so I chose this book. The name of this book is called Hole in my Life by Jack Gantos. This book is about this guy or kid named jack Gantos whose has had a good year in high school and hopefully going to college. All this is about the end when one of his friends asks him sail a sixty-foot yacht loaded with hashish which is a type of drug. They sail from Virginia islands to New York City. He and his buddy sold the drug until federal agents catch up with them in New York City and he has to serve up to six years in prison.


                This book was an OK book. I'm not a huge fan of reading books about writers, but I have to say this was probably a good book. I wouldn't know only because I'm not that type of person who reads the books like that. Anyways the book it's self was an OK book. I like books about people and their life in prison. I find it interesting to read about people and how they ended up and prison and all that good stuff. The first part of the book was good because it tells you about him in prison.
                The bad thing about this book was oh I don't know really. Like I said this isn't my type of book to read. That's just what I say. Other people may or defiantly will have different opinions about this book and defend their answer that the book was really good. I'm not this type of person to read it so I didn't really like the book all that much. So if you want to know if the book was good you should ask someone who read it or just read it yourself.
                
If I were to recommend this book or have someone read this book I wouldn't recommend this book to little kids that can't read and or people in middle school because it's really not there grade level type of book. I would recommend this book to people who like to read books about people's life like English teachers and people who like to read or learn about authors. I would also recommend this for a book report because it's very interesting to read about.





No comments:

Post a Comment