Thursday, May 8, 2014

This book review has a boring title

By Julissa Q.

  In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. And Electra Brown learns a lot about life in the book "Life at the Shallow End" by Helen bailey. I think think that this book is more for like 13 and 14 year olds, it's a young adult fiction. It's all about Electra Brown.


   This book is based around Electra who is a teenage girl and is sensitive about how she looks, and desperate for a guy named Jags to notice her. Electra's life goes into meltdown when her dad announces he is leaving: but why? She has to find out. Her dad is having a mid- life crisis.
   Her "mum" on the other hand is given into her daytime TV addiction. Her little brother (the Little Runt) has been caught shop lifting Tampax and even the guinea pigs gone mental. Her life is all over the place.
  I learned a lot from Electra in this book. This book made me laugh at times. Sometimes in the book I found it a little tedious. So I found it funny but boarding at times.
   However, if your 13-14 years old I guess you might really enjoy it because it's really soft and girly at times. You would also like this book if you're into girly stuff. In a way I liked this book because it made me laugh, and in a way I didn't like it because it got bored some. I also liked it because she the way I would in a situation like hers. 
   Basically what you learn in this book is how Electra gets through her situation and she did. Readers can learn to look at things in an optimistic way even during tragedy, and that an important thing I learned. Like I said "Life at the Shallow End" is a young adult fiction book so if you're like 16 years old I don't recommend you read this book, but if you're like 13 then you'll probably enjoy it. You can find this book online or probably in a public library. I was not sure about this book but it's always good to try new things.
 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment