Monday, May 5, 2014

The Man of Literature



By Chris G.
"The Singular: Mark Twain" by Fred Kaplan is a biography of writer Samuel Clemens, or popularly known as Mark Twain's life. In this biography, Kaplan brings back to memory the life of arguably one of the America's best story writers.



I chose this book about writing because Twain is one of the best, and he inspired many and still does to young writers, with some his classics such as "Tom Sawyer". I thought that Fred Kaplan did a great job telling the story of Twain's life, which some could learn things that they never before knew. This book could be read by all ages, however its length makes it more suitable for people of older ages.

I enjoyed learning about the life of Mark Twain, it inspired me to write about things that I want to write about, and I learned about a great writer, I would rate this book 9 out of 10, because it was a good story of his life, while making it seem more like something Kaplan wrote himself, not completely making it a documentary of sorts. You should definitely read this book if you can't describe who Mark Twain is or if you like the art of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment