Monday, May 19, 2014

This review has a boring title



By Austin C.


The book "How Angel Peterson Got His Name" by Gary Paulsen is a biography about Gary and his friends telling stories about their ridiculous youth of doing crazy stunts and generally stupid things to gain fame and to impress girls. the book begins with the author looking back on his youth beginning with the story that the title implies "How Angel Peterson Got His Name". 


All of the stories in this book are absolutely hysterical and I laughed the whole time almost to the point of tears. this book is a hilarious biography and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy to read this book. I loved how the book kept it interesting by not spending the entire book on a single story like most books the story was very entertaining and kept my attention for the entirety of the book and the word level used was relatively low so it was easy to read and I didn't have to have a dictionary at my side to understand half the book. It was a genuinely enjoyable book that keeps you laughing until the last page and then some. On top of that the content was told as a story not as a boring history lesson that makes me want to put down the book and go play and goof off,its a story that keeps me reading, and laughing while still telling someones life stories. Overall I give this book a 8/10 for complete attention holding and ageless comedy along with still being informal. If I were to recommend or not recomend this book I most definitely would recommend it strongly because it was a very fun read that didn't seem to much like a boring biography at all in any shape or form. So yes I would recommend that others read this amazing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment