Monday, December 8, 2014

This book review had a horrible title



By Summer A.

Frank McCourt is a famous author who is well known all around. His life inspired him to write books to be published for people to enjoy. I couldn't relate to this book in any way. His father was an alcoholic and his mother struggled living a life of poverty. Teacher Man was lead by 'Tis one of Franks bestselling books.


Teacher Man is a bibliography written by frank McCourt. Frank is the prize-winning author of Angela's Ashes and 'Tis. In 1999 a movie was released based off his book Angela's Ashes. This book is about his odd teaching methods and his 30 year experiences he faced as a teacher. Frank Mccourt is the son of two Irish immigrant parents who came to New York. This teacher goes to New York to teach a class of teenagers who all they want to do is nothing. Also he briefly mentions his love life that he shares with his readers.
Nonfiction books never interested me. If I was going to read a book i was going to read a fiction book such as The Hunger Games. While reading this book I liked how the first paragraph was intriguing. Unlike other nonfiction books i have read it grabbed my attention right away. I also liked how this book is written by the person its talking about. Frank made the book as if you were with him in his situations he was in and as if you shared the same mind. I didn't enjoy his use of words that he used. He put a lot of swears that annoyed me. I've never read a book with this type of words so once i read it in this book it stuck in my head.
I wouldn't recommend this memoir to someone who hates biographies. They would be bored out of their mind every time they read a page. I do recommend this book to people who are interested in reading a bibliography. Teacher Man is a fun book for those readers.Especially if you're a high schooler you can read how they were in the early 1900's. A high schooler could see the teachers point of view of those students and how he, Frank reacted toward certain students.
Im new to Frank McCourt's story's and i'm not impressed. The reason is that i'm not a fan of his subjects. Hopefully if you can't find a good nonfiction book then the book Teacher Man comes to your liking.

Teacher Man, By Frank McCourt , Barnes Noble, November 2005, 272 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment