Wednesday, December 17, 2014

This had a lousy title

By Tony A.

I read the book So B. It  by Sarah Weeks. This book is a heartfelt story about heidi and her mentally retarded mother. She is constantly wondering why she doesn't know where her father is so she thinks to herself a lot and she says on day is going to find him to help Mama. She is a courageous, smart, young girl who is determined to help mama find her dad. Since  her mom doesn't know how to speak english because of her retardation.


I liked this book a lot because of the situations Heidi gets put in but she constantly says so it makes me realize that when things don't go my way its alright. She was always in a tight spot whether it being getting bullied at school or being sent out to use the slot machine even though she 's not of age. I think its a great story because its such a good story where things don't make sense at all at the start but eventually become better throughout the story.
I believe if you have the chance you should read the book because its just really well written book. I love how the daughter has to take so much responsibility in the family being the one who has get groceries, get money, clean, cook, and go to school. After reading this my views on life changed because it hard to accept that there are people out there without the so called " good life " so after reading this i definitely have more gratitude towards my parents so maybe it could change your views too.

No comments:

Post a Comment