Monday, May 11, 2015

The Quest For The Lightning Bolt


By Nathan H.
The Lightning Thief was written by Rick Riordan. The Lightning Thief is about a young teenager named Percy Jackson who finds out that he is a half-blood. He is sent to Camp Half-Blood in New York. While he is there he learns about himself. For example, he learned that he is the son of Poseidon who is the brother of Hades and Zeus. Zeus' bolt is stolen and he blames Poseidon for it and if he doesn't return it he will Zeus we go to war with him. Then, Percy Jackson goes on a quest to retrieve this bolt that Zeus requires.


The Lightning Thief is a fantasy-adventure novel about Greek mythology. Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestseller author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians, the Kane Chronicles, the Heroes of Olympus, and Magnus Chase & the Gods of Asgard. After he started The Lightning Thief as a bedtime story for his son, he began to write children's fiction.
I liked how the book was an extremely fun adventure because I am adventurous myself. Therefore, I could kind of relate to the book which made me want to keep reading. Furthermore, I liked how the book was full of action because I can get bored of reading easily when it is slow paced and does not contain any action in it. In addition, I liked how the book was similar to "The Avengers" in the sense that they both had a lot of people that had superhuman powers.
The book was fairly easy to read. I would suggest it to anyone who is old enough to read chapter books because they had little to no inappropriate parts. I would especially suggest it to readers who are into adventure and action packed books.
The Lightning Thief can be found at your local bookstore, local library, or your school library.

No comments:

Post a Comment