Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Honestly, Insanely, Good


By: Kayla L.

Hannah Jayne, author of the novel Truly, Madly, Deadly has an outstandingly clever imagination which is clearly shown throughout the course of this book. She has written other literary pieces such as, The Underworld Detection Agency Chronicles, See Jane Run, The Dare, and The Escape. Based on the numerous amount of books she has pieced together, she is viewed by many, including myself, as a highly successful female author. Her writing style, also know as genre, is mystery and a little bit of horror, all those elements add to form one beautifully written set of books.


The novel I read, Truly, Madly, Deadly focuses in on the narrative of one teenage girl, Sawyer Dodd. She has a complicated relationship with her boyfriend, Kevin Anderson, who is portrayed as your typical high-school football player with a lot of friends. Ever since the two started dating, they have kept a lot of secrets from the world, which unravel in one giant mystery from the beginning to end of this book. One night, Kevin is driving alone and gets into a fatal car crash, everyone thought it was an accident; until the next day Sawyer opens her locker and a crumpled up note falls out. She opens it and it has an article of the Kevin's car crash, with the words "you're welcome" written in jet-black ink. Read Truly, Madly, Deadly to find out how this all unfolds.
Hannah Jayne's writing in Truly, Madly, Deadly had me intentively gripping onto every word, I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for what would happened next. This book sparked my interest after reading the first few chapters, I liked it so much I read it from start to finish in only four hours. The author gets into so much amazing detail that it drives your imagination to the point where you could talk about each conflict as though you just lived it. I never thought this book was slow or boring at any points, it kept me interested all the way from start to finish, which is an outstanding trait because not many novels can do that. This book has empowered me to write different genres of literature, which is great if one has frequent writer's block. The dialog throughout this well-written novel is fast paced and accurately describes how current teenagers speak to each other, teachers, and their parents. For the imaginative and creative thinkers in this world, Truly, Madly, Deadly is written especially for you. It captures you from the moment you read the first sentence, and every moment after.
After reading this novel, I advise everyone of all backgrounds to read this book, I am not one to pick up mystery or horror, but I am so glad that I chose to do it this time. Out of ten stars, I would undoubtedly rate Hannah Jayne's novel Truly, Madly, Deadly a ten out of ten. She portrays tiny aspects of different genres in each chapter and you will be hooked until the very end. This book is a must read for anyone, and I guarantee you will never put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment