Thursday, March 16, 2017

TBH

By: Yonalys G.

The Long Night of Leo and Bree by Ellen Wittlinger is no more than a book to pass time. On the anniversary of his sister's death, Leo decides to step out and get fresh air; which is much needed in a household like his. Coincidentally around the same time, Bree chooses to get out of her house for some alone time, something she didn't get much of, little did she know she was not going to be getting any that night either. Two entirely different people from opposite backgrounds meet, sort of. Was it for the best? I'm still not entirely sure myself.



    I appreciate the different perspectives to this book, going back and forth from one character to another really allows one to get a good understanding of what's happening. The plot was interesting, to say the least, but the end wasn't really a twist, more so a cliff hanger. Foreshadowing definitely took place in this short story and for those who pay close attention to detail you can probably can get a close guess as to how the book ends.

    This being my first experience with Wittlinger's writing, I question whether or not I would read another book from her. But, considering this book is just a tad bit over 100 pages I don't see why anyone can't give this book a try.

1 comment: