Thursday, December 7, 2017

The True Story of a Douchebag

By Isabelle S.

The burn journals is actually a true story written by Brent Runyon. Brent was just a kid when this all happened, so the book makes it sound like a teenage boy is actually telling the story, which is kind of aggravating because teenage boys are so annoying and like to complain a lot about how their life is no fair.I thought at first this was going to be a good read because it was based of a true event, but I guess I was wrong. 


Brent was 14 years old when this all happened to him, he was just a "regular" teenage boy on the surface, all he cared about was getting to different bases with different girls and pissing off teachers by doing stupid things like stealing and setting fires in gym class lockers. Brent is actually not a regular boy, because whenever he gets caught for his mistakes he either blames other people or he tries to commit suicide, eventually one day he hears that he might get expelled for setting fires in lockers so he goes home and sets fire to himself. 

I have sympathy for Brent because he thought that was his only choice and he got second and third degree burns on 85%of his body , but I don't feel sorry for him being a douchebag to the people who try to help him the most because he made the choice of injuring himself. I felt like this book dragged on forever and could've ended multiple times. I would've recommended this book at first but then my mind changed halfway through the book, at some parts I skipped pages to see if it would get interesting and sadly it did not 

No comments:

Post a Comment