Monday, December 18, 2017

Everything Everything


By Zamari R.

The novel I have reviewed is Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon she is Jamaican, grew up in New York and lives in Los Angeles.  The only other novel she has written is The Sun is also a Star, Both books were best sellers. Everything Everything falls under the genre of Young adult fiction.


Madeline Whittier has not lived the most normal life you could say.  Maddy is very ill with SCID, her mother has NEVER allowed her to leave the house. Living day by day with the same routine, until new neighbors move in and Maddy has shown her courageous side no ones seen including herself. She realizes you do anything for someone you love and it will kill you.
In this novel Madeline had a journal where she kept tracked of anything she felt or learned. Some sections of the novel were part of her journal entry which I thought was neat because some were short, some long, some had little drawing included and all were different. In some parts of the novel the dialog would confuse me and I would have to go back a few sentences and reread it to understand who was speaking. I thought It was funny how that each person who visited Maddy had to get decomtanied because she was sick. Anything Maddy felt throughout the novel  there was a clear explanation for it with much detail where I could understand exactly how she was feeling. The ending of the book made me so mad, leaving me clueless whether her and the boy she loves end up together.
For any reader that enjoys reading about  teenage life or about romance I highly recommend this book. When I started the book I had an idea of what is was about but I didn't think I was going to become so interested.  I don't read books at all but my eyes couldn't leave the pages in the book. Every page I read I strived to continue and find out more and more. I was wicked satisfied with this novel and would love to read more of her books.   

No comments:

Post a Comment