Wednesday, December 6, 2017

One Crazy Summer


By Rubiel O.

Rita William-Garcia's historic fiction, One Crazy Summer, is about three sisters who are on the search to look for their mother who abandoned them. Most of the story takes places in Oakland, California in the late 60's. All summer they were in California with Cecile which is their crazy mother, and they face tasks they don't usually face in Brooklyn, New York.



One Crazy Summer is a really good book. I hated how Cecile treated her children, she doesn't care about them as much as she should. She would make them do things and just not worry about them until they came back. What I liked best about the girls is that they have their own voice each and every one of them. Different personalities with different ways they dealt with issues. The story is touching, it's something I cannot relate to but I can put myself in the girls' shoes.
I recommend reading this book. It has a lot of American history. This is a book compounds the real world and fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment