Monday, June 8, 2015

Writing?

by: Manasa J/
   
The book "On Writing Well" written by William Zinsser is an enlightening novel that gives writers some great tips about writing nonfiction stories. I can ensure you that with zinsser's humor you will not put this book down.


    Zinsser describes the art of writing in an art that is generally not used by other authors who write books about writing. Usually books about writing do not interest young teenagers who don't have interest in writing. But surprisingly this book was very interesting. Zinsser used the examples of authors as well as his work to demonstrate writing. He used humor to connect to young minds. I think that I liked this book so much because it delivers a very important message that anyone can learn to write. I think  that is something that young writers need to hear.
    I recommend this book to any body that has at least the tiniest interest in writing. I think that it will really improve their outlook on writing as well as the way they receive criticism. I also think that unlike other books on writing this one does not leave you bored.
    On Writing Well, William Zinsser, 1976, HarperCollins




No comments:

Post a Comment