Friday, June 12, 2015

The Artist's Way


By SierraS.

The Artist's Way, published in 1992 by Penguin Group, was written by an American author, Julia Cameron. J. Cameron's intentions are to open up your mind and guide you through a path of spiritual creativity when writing. The Artist's Way teaches techniques to help the reader gain creative talents and skills.


I did not particularly enjoy the book. Although I like the idea of learning how to be more creative, but book was too spiritual for me. Cameron connects artistic creativity with god. I am not a religious person, so I couldn't connect to much of the book.She states "God is an artists. So are we. And we can cooperate with each other. Our creative dreams and longings do come from a divine source, not from the human ego."
I did enjoy the tips and trick within the book from various authors though. Julia Cameron collected information from a large variety of people and made it into one story.
The Artist's Way reached the Top 10 Bestsellers list and the Top 100 Best Self-Help Books of All Time.
This book was written well and I did enjoy some aspect of it I wouldn't recommend this book to someone unless I knew they would appreciate the religious factor of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment