Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Freak? Boy


Freak? Boy

By K J Relation

I read the book called Freakboy, By: Kristin Elizabeth Clark.  The book was about a boy named Brendan, who is starting to think that he should've been born a female. He often finds himself jealous of things that females get to have, for example; their long hair, soft skin, and dresses.
Freakboy's genre is Young Adult Fiction. The author has also written: Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity. I plan on reading that book next. The way the author wrote Freakboy was in verses, almost like poetry. I really enjoyed reading it, it was fun to read.
With this author's novels, they have helped trans, and cis people. For many she has changed their lives, for the better. She is also the founder of the Ocean Beach Poets Society. She is also an advocate for human kindness, and from what I've heard she tries to stay off social media.
I don't have anything negative to say about this book. I enjoyed it a lot, it made me think a lot too, not so much about me, but about the struggles that these types of kids go through. It just really puts a different perspective on things, I have never truly seen a book like this, so it was really interesting.
Altogether I think everyone should read this book, simply because it makes someone think. If you read this book I cannot guarantee you'll love, but I would guarantee it might make you think more. So DEFINITELY read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment