Friday, October 16, 2015

Are You Reading This Review Alone?

Are You Reading This Review Alone?

             The book I am reviewing is Are You in the House Alone? It is written by Richard Peck, also the author of other books such as Strays Like Us, Lost in Cyberspace and A Long Way from Chicago. The genre of the book is a psychological thriller. It was also a winner of the Edgar Allan Poe mystery award.
             What I liked most about the book was how much it related to the real world and the reality of it. It shows the hard times people have and the awful people that we can meet in this world. It also shows the reader that the main character doesn't always get the happy ending they were expecting. What I didn't like about the book was how the ending was rushed. The author only gave a summary of what happened in the end. It would have been better if they actually explained what had happened.
             Though the ending could have been a bit better, I would still recommend the book. It was a nice dramatic story with a character you could feel sympathy for. Traveling with them through their dramatic experiences could get you hooked to them even. Usually I don't get get so into a book, but this one was just too interesting. The suspense made me feel like I was the one in danger rather than the main character. It was a good read and I think more people should read the book. 
             You can find this book either in your local library or even in your school library and I hope you enjoy reading it. 

1 comment: