Friday, October 10, 2014

Show No Allegiance to Allegiant


by: Joshua R.

I have read Allegiant, the third book in the Divergent series, written by Veronica Roth. This book is mainly science fiction (sci-fi). The book Allegiant is mainly centered around the character Tris Prior, however this book contains a new twist to the series. There is now a pov (point of view) of the character Four (Tobias). Tris and Tobias must bare through their various challenges in this drama filled book.
This book I would consider the lowest point of the trilogy. The two-person pov is an interesting concept, but was executed somewhat poorly. When a new chapter occurs you will find the name of the person you are reading about. This seems fairly simple, however I did not always follow along. When you really get into the book you tend to forget to look at the title and name of the chapter. This generally resulted in me getting lost or confused at certain points, slowing me down and ruining my flow of reading.
I also found the book to be slow. In my opinion I enjoyed the first and second books for the fact that it was dramatic and realistic, but provided many challenges the characters had to face on the way. This book seemed to lack the action side and leaned more to the dramatic side of the audience. In my opinion some of these dramatic scenes were dragged on and became increasingly boring. This is not always a bad thing, for the readers who like dramatic books with a little flare this may be your thing.
If you have read the first two books of the series you have to read this book. It draws a conclusion to the story and provides good closure. However, if you do not like drama type books then I would warn you. The first two books are filled with just the right amount of action, but by the third book that action decreases. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone  who likes a dramatic thriller with many twists. In all I would rate this book a 6/10. Worth reading just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment