Friday, October 10, 2014

A Dog's Perception


10.9.14


A Dog's Perception

by: Cameron Bourque
A Dog's Life, is written by Ann M. Martin. Ann has wrote other books such as, A Corner of the Universe,  Here Today, and Belle Teal. This is a fiction book but it is very realistic beside the fact that it is an autobiography of a dog. Squirrel, the main character (who is a dog), was born a stray in an abandoned shed. Her mother taught them the many skills her and her brother (Bone) would need to survive on their own. But suddenly, her mother leaves and the puppies must take on many different things in order to survive. From gentle humans, to mean humans, and forests to busy highways these dogs try to stay together. Squirrel and Bone meet many friends and foes that will decide their fate.

I liked this book because it seemed like the plot lasted throughout the book with ups and downs. These exciting and sometimes sad points always kept me interested. It took a little bit to get used to the thought of you reading the thoughts of a dog, but once you do it is very good. The pacing of the book was good because it was always moving. Not once did it get boring from a talking scene or something along those lines because it is a dog. I loved how it was different from any book I have ever read because usually the characters are all humans and they do human things. There was not much I didn't like about the book except you could say it was a tiny bit repetitive with the winter after winter aspect.

Personally, I do not read a lot. But I actually really liked this book. I would definitely recommend reading this book because it makes you look at dog's differently. Also, if you hate a lot of talking in books this would be perfect for you. If you are a boy or girl, I still think you would enjoy this. If I had to rate this out of ten I would do a ten. You should be able to find this book in any public library as it is a semi popular book.

No comments:

Post a Comment