Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Let Al Capone Do Your Shirts



By Jordan D.

I'm reviewing Al Capone Does My Shirts by: Gennifer Choldenko who is also the author of Notes From A Liar And Her Dog. This book is more of a adventure/comedy book. It has a little bit of everything in it. It has adventure, comedy, sorrow, and even a little horror. It is about a boy named Moose Flanagan who lives on Alcatraz Island. He lives there because his father works in the prison. His father is a maintenance man/guard. This book is about his adventures on the island, the weird, unique, and interesting things he encounters, and the struggles he has living on an island right next to one of the worst prisons in America. He has to deal with being away from his friends and family on the mainland, trying to find something interesting to do, not being able to spend time with his father, trying to stay out of trouble on the island, etc. Moose is a very curious boy and sometimes his curiosity gets the best of him.



The book was generally a good book. I liked that it didn't go too far into detail for everything because when books do that, they usually end up taking forever to read and can be overly boring. I also liked that it was relatable to me. Not that i live in a prison, but moose is my age and i could almost imagine myself in his situations and how i would react and how it would affect me. I didn't like that sometimes it got boring and didn't really talk about anything. It almost seemed like the author didn't have enough to write about and just filled in space. i definitely liked the book though.
I think you should read this book. It is  a great book and can be very interesting. It's not the most informative book (its not filled with facts), but it's  a fun book and is worth the read if you like a good story. For the most part its not boring and keeps you in-tune throughout the whole book. You can find Al Capone Does My Shirts at the Nashua High School South library.

No comments:

Post a Comment