Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pills That Kill


By Kayla L.


Shrink Rap is a somewhat well written novel by an author named Robert B. Parker. Mr. Parker has published and written over 20 books, such as Promised Land, God Save the Child, and Early Autumn. The piece of literary work that I chose to read was Shrink Rap and it would be classified under the genre of mystery and thriller. The story begins with two women who are friends, they are both divorced which ties into the overall plot. One women has a stalker ex-husband who is still interested in getting the last say in everything. With the author adding chilling details and stories, Shrink Rap is a must read for those who love a thrill that isn't that bad.


At first, the book seems a little dull and pointless until you read on. The chapters are short which annoyed me, but the way he worded his story was really well. Once I read a part of the story I didn't want to put it down, but the plot got boring again and I did. Sunny, the main character, was constantly getting clues to the mystery she was trying to solve. Without her, I would have stopped reading. The characters seemed real until the ending, which I thought was disturbing. I feel as though Robert B. Parker could have left out some unimportant things (read the book to find out). He could have taken out a character named Carrie because she didn't really affect the novel overall. The writer, Mr. Parker, should have stayed on topic more to the mystery aspect, the plot wavered a tad. Other than these few things, Shrink Rap is an ordinary mystery book.
Although most of this book was well-written, I would not recommend this book to anyone. I just did not like it as much as past novels that are similar to this. In the beginning I guessed who was the person committing the crimes, and I was correct. He did not add a plot twist contrary to normal mystery books. I rate this book a six out of ten stars, it's not the best, just okay. If you see Shrink Rap on a shelf near you, I advise you to not pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment