Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Looking To The Sky


By Yesenia M.

Ran, as a young teenager who is not loved by her mother, struggles terribly with not knowing her fate. Taking part of a winter sacrifice with her unloving mother and a brutal stranger will be the hardest thing she does. Trying to figure out how to control her own destiny will help her in the long run. Having her father and two brothers die is very hard on her and her grandmother.


I really liked this book. It was out of my comfort zone and I am looking forward to reading more of this author. Henrietta Branford I think did an amazing job with writing this book. Although she could have worked on adding a bit more details to some parts. She really expressed the way that ran felt in a powerful way. I wasn't too happy about the main character, Ran because I felt as if she made decisions very quickly without thinking much of the outcome. Also one thing that I really liked was the way that she portrayed the mother because I feel like lots of people may be able to relate to the way that her mother treated her. I also loved that there was a romance connection with her mother and the stranger. One other thing that I didn't like was that Branford would skip information and it got confusing at times. Other than that it was a great book.
I recommend this book to other people because it is fascinating and interesting. It gives a good image of how people used to act in the viking time period.
You can find The Faded Sky in the Nashua High School South library.

No comments:

Post a Comment