Wednesday, April 6, 2016

do you have swagger?


By Isaac W.

Swagger is about a kid named Jonas and his basketball dream.He yearns for a college scholarship Jonas was simple, he was a normal kid in high school. When he was a senior Jonas moves to Seattle because of his dad,there he meets Levi, a nice, play-by-the-book, soft-spoken guy and a basketball player. The story builds slowly as we the readers start to smell a rat in Ryan Hartwell, a basketball coach, good guy………and sexual predator. When Levi keeps telling Jonas that Hartwell abused him, Jonas has to decide whether he should risk his future career to report the coach.  



I actually liked this book because it had some of my favorite things, basketball, and a good story. When Levi first entered the scene it reminded me of my old friend from like 5-6 years ago because he played by the book and didn't want to break the rules or anything. Levi was also a good guy because he also took care of his sisters but the thing I might not like so much from him is that he might not know how to have a lot of fun. I was hooked to the story when Jonas and Levi went to the court and challenged the players that were bullying him, but playfully. I would recommend this book to people being victims of sexual abuse and those who want like basketball too.

No comments:

Post a Comment