Friday, March 18, 2016

It's not just a game



By Ahmil M.

In Diane Tullson's realistic fiction book "Riot Act" the main character, Daniel and his friend Nick go to watch a hockey game. A riot breaks out after their team loses. Daniel makes a bad decision trying to escape the riot. He escapes but ends up in a photo proving he was part of the riot. He does not know whether to turn himself in or not.


"Riot Act" was a fast paced book with a lot happening at once. The book kept my interest and I liked that about the book. It started off boring and was losing my interest. Once the book started getting interesting and filled with action I did not get bored of it. The ending was rushed and did not appreciate it. The dialogue did not sound real to me, I feel like they were not talking how a teenager would talk most of the time. The detail was bland and not descriptive as other books I have read.
I recommend "Riot Act" for people who like action filled books and do not like a lot of talking throughout the book. I would not recommend it for people who like long books and do not like rushed endings. This book could be found in libraries and online for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment