Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Real Question


By James D.
The God Delusion is a nonfiction book by Professor Richard Dawkins. Richard Dawkins explains how science has more proof that God doesn't exist. He talks about how kids shouldn't be raised religious and how they should choose later on in life.  Throughout the book Professor Dawkins will subtly but also forcefully tell it how it is. That the bottom line is that there is no God. Now, I don't want to say that I disagree with him because I don't. But, I believe that if someone wants to talk about religion they can but as long as they don't shove it down your throat it's fine. Same with atheism. If someone isn't forceful with it they can be as religious or non religious as they want.


Parts I liked about the book were the main topic. I am one to publicly show my atheism but unlike Professor Dawkins I won't shove it down people's throats. I personally thought that the book was slow in the beginning. It took awhile to actually start the book. However, I did like how the chapters were broken up. You could tell that Richard Dawkins is very proud of this book and wants to get the point across.

If you are an atheist or questioning your belief in god I would highly

recommend this book. It will open up your eyes to a different world. One

where religion may not be the main thing that holds society together.

No comments:

Post a Comment