Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Is Heaven For Real?



By Janelle P.

The book that I am reviewing is called Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. Todd Burpo has not written any other books other than Heaven is For Real. I would recommend this book to other people because, this book is a true story. Once you start reading it you can't put it down. My mom first told me about this book. We watched the movie first, then my mom read the book then told me a little bit about it. I had already known a little bit about it because of the movie. She didn't tell me too much about it because, she didn't want to ruin the book for me. I would recommend this book because it is a non-fiction book and the information in it is very true. I would also recommend this book because it takes you into a world that makes you feel like you are living the same lives that the family is.



What I liked about this book is that it is a true story. The book being a true story makes it even better because I know what is happening is true. Knowing that the information in the book is true, it makes everything seem so real. It makes you feel like you are there with the family in the hospital and through all the steps that they have to take to make Colton better. One thing that I didn't like about the book is that most of the ends of the chapters are cliffhangers. But a good thing about the cliffhangers is that it makes you want to read more and more of the book. I also liked the pictures that were in the book because they showed what the family looked like and some of the places that they were. The characters in this book are real and the plot of the book is great. The dialog was fast at sometimes and slow at other times and was very realistic.  

I think that my reader should most definitely seek out and read this book. I think someone else should read this book because, it is about a little boy who gets really sick, and the family and the little boy both go through a lot. Even though at times the story can get really sad, it is still an amazing booth to read. I think that even when I first heard of the book the title of it caught my attention. The book may look short but the writing is small, and some of the chapters are short and the others are not too long but a little bit long. I feel like the different lengths of the chapters help you get through the book faster than you would think. This book is such a good book, and it is hard to put it down once you start reading it.              

No comments:

Post a Comment