Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Fat kid needs to lose weight

Fat kid needs to lose weight
By Myles J.
                        K. L. Going is a fantastic writer to say the least. From The Liberation of Gabriel King, to The Garden of Eve, K. L. Going writing has always spoke to me. Fat Kid Rules the World is a young adult novel about a suicidal, 296 pound teen by the name of Troy Billings. Standing on the edge of a train station ledge about to walk into an oncoming train, the protagonist seems to not care about anything.


                        Troy feels he has no reason to live, until he meets Curt MacCrae. A high school dropout, homeless, guitar genius. He steps in the way of Troy seconds before he takes his own life. Curt now feels that Troy now owes him a favor, so now he recruits Troy to be his new drummer. Troy has no experience with the drums, and is very skeptical of the idea. Even though Troy's father things Curt is a drug addict hippie, he is still very happy of the new friend that he has made.
Despite not having a clue how to play the drums, Troy gets right into planning an upcoming gig. I appreciate how Troy finds the meaning of self-confidence and acceptance. As this all goes on, he finds out the he himself if helping Curt with his drug addiction and abuse.
This shows to me that not all of your problems may not be a severe as another person. You can be fat, overweight and unpopular, but I'm sure anyone would pick that over being having a serious problem like being addicted to drugs. Troy realized that throughout the book and realizes Curt is the one in need of help and acceptance.
                        I have read a couple books Written by K. L. Going. This novel really spoke to me. I admire how she shows that all things aren't always as bad as they seem. I will definitely find myself reading one of Going's new books, and I strongly recommend this book for all types of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment