Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Book review that I sent to a random wrong email (Caitlyn Boucher


By Caitlyn B.                                    
22 years old, successful tattoo artist, never had a girlfriend but has had his share of girls, and a temper that can go off at any second. That's Rule Archer. Shaw Landon, 19, blonde hair, everything she owns costs more than Rule's closet. Shaw has been in love with Rule since Rule's now deceased twin brother brought her home at 14. Remy Archer was the mediator of the family. He let people think him and Shaw were together so his sexual orientation wouldn't be questioned. He died in a car crash at 20. Rule was left twin less and Shaw kept a secret about her best friend that wasn't hers to share. Rule ignored Shaw for years. She walked into his one night stands every Sunday just to try and keep the Archer family in one piece for a family dinner. On Shaw's 20th birthday, she drunkenly threw herself at Rule. Expected to be a one night stand, it turned into a long term relationship that was complicated but full of love. Two completely different people were trying to be one person.


This book was an easy read. I flew by 400 pages. It was a bit stereotypical. The whole "Bad boy, good girl," scene was clearly there. Each chapter alternates point of view between Shaw and Rule. That was something I really liked because I got to see both sides of a conflict. There wasn't just 'one side of the story.'
I suggest this book to some people. I liked it. But I can't say I loved it because I could predict what was going to happen. If you like mushy romance with bad boys, this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment