Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Uglies are now pretty (Nice)



By: Janelle P.


The book that I am reviewing is called Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. The Uglies is a book in a series of four books. The first book is The Uglies the second book is called Pretties, the third book is called Specials and lastly the fourth book is called Extras. I would recommend this book for other people to read. I recommend this book because it is a book that once you start reading it, it is hard to put down. When I first heard about this book my friend was telling me about it. She told me that it is a very good book and that I should read it. I took her advice on reading it because it sounded like a good book to read. She started to tell me about it and I had to stop her because if I was going to read the book in my future I didn't want to know what was going to happen. I would also recommend this book to someone who likes to be taken to another place that isn't a real place in the book. This is a fiction book, so if you like fiction this is a great book to read.



What I liked about this book is that it takes you to another place when you are reading it. It makes you feel like you are there with the characters. The book makes you feel like you are living in the characters lives. A couple things in this book that didn't work for me were how the characters had hoverboards that they could ride around on but they could only go so high and so far with them. I just can't picture people flying on those. Another thing that bothered me is that the characters could sneak out their windows and go places, but if their dorm rooms are up on a high floor how do they drop down out of their windows without getting hurt. When the characters do sneak out and they are talking to their friends how do people not hear them talking if they are not whispering to each other. Like me some people probably keep their windows open when they sleep.

I think that my reader should seek out and read this book. When you first see the book you are going to think this is such a long book to read I don't want to read it. You may also think why is this book called Uglies, is it about all the ugly people? A lot of things may go through your head on why should I read this book but, when you think about it, the book is in a series and there is ore to read about the other cities in the book. When you first start reading the book the chapters are short and everybody loves short chapters in a long book. I feel like the short chapters in this book help you get through the book faster. Even though the book does look long you can read it fast because once you start you can't stop reading it. This book is a book hard to get out of my hands.      

No comments:

Post a Comment