Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Stav's book review


By Stav A.

Payback time written by, Carl Deuker has a lot to do with athletics and talent yet still have other features. The Novel is based on a secret. In this book, Daniel nicknamed Mitch is the protagonist. He is moving on in life but comes to on unearthing the biggest secret of his life in his last year of school.


Payback time is a story about a school newspaper worker named Daniel True. He meets a sports photographer named Kimi Yon. Kim is the photographer for the school. Together they do a newspaper. Another important person in this work is Angel. He is a player and a new kid at the high school and, playing football for the school. The issue/ conflict in this book is Kimi and Mitch work to find them a secret about Angel who came from another high school yet he is not open an open book.

I could at most find myself seeing a resemblance to Angel in this book more than anyone else. A reason being,I have been in his position about being on the benched undeservingly but, ultimately starting. The other way I see myself like Angel is because of leadership qualities. Quiet yet effective. I can comprehend at first why he was shy because Angel sits on the bench and can't get on the field.  

I enjoyed reading this book because it had many interesting details.  One interesting detail the book was I could almost follow the book as if it were a movie. When I read the book for the first time I could imagine the football stadium, the fans, the action.  The play by play in this book was remarkable in vivid detail and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout clutch moments of the book. I personally think the ending was poor When reading I didn't feel the closer at the end. Carl Deuker left it up to the audience's imagination.I personally prefer a clear ending.


     I would very much recommend this novel to everyone especially people in my friend circle that likes sports. This book is for all readers and that anyone could relate and take something away. I would definitely recommend this book to sports fans of all ages. This book is about self-motivation. In this book, the Mitch True deals with a weight problem and goes out and fixes it. At first, Mitch was losing weight to impress Kimi Yon but at the end, he realizes that he was doing it for himself.     

It can be found on Amazon for around 10$. https://www.amazon.com/Payback-Time-Carl-Deuker/dp/0547577338


No comments:

Post a Comment