Wednesday, December 23, 2015

From a Serial Killer's Point of View

 By Felicia R.
                                                                                
This book was pretty interesting I must say. I Hunt Killers, written by Barry Lyga is a teen thriller about a 17 year old Jasper "Jazz" Dent, who investigates crime scenes on his own. His father was known was the world famous serial killer of Lobo's Nod, before he was caught by Sheriff G. William Tanner and thrown in jail. When you're the son of "Dear Old Dad", bring your kid to work day, was every day of his life. When police find another body, Jazz is certain it's another serial killer. In spite of the sheriff's objections, Jazz and his only friend Howie, run their own investigation under the radar, and uncover a pattern as a bodies start piling up. Jazz knows he can figure out the case if it is in fact another serial killer. Jazz knows the patters of one, considering his father forced him to be his minion and taught him so much about being a serial killer. But how can Jazz investigate and give the police tips on the crime scenes without making himself look like the suspect? The pattern of the story keeps you on the edge of your seat, excited for what's next to come.

Lyga is a young fictional adult novelist and short story writer. He has published 14 novels in the past 9 years of his writing career. All of his novels following a mysterious, edge-of-your-seat pattern, always include something on the lines of victims, heroes, or darkness. I enjoy reading these types of novels, because I like being thrilled, I like that edge-of-your-seat feeling. I would like to read another one of Lyga's novels, because I was impressed with I Hunt Killers.
This story isn't something you'd say is a complete drag. The introduction is a little slow, but once the body is found, you have all these questions that make you keep wanting to read more. Little thrills, like when Jazz breaks into the morgue, gives you chills and I don't want to put my book down. Even if nothing too exciting is being said, the author has a way with words, as to still keep you intrigued. I admire that.

No comments:

Post a Comment