Monday, March 10, 2014

'Heat' is hot

 By Kevin H.
     This is a cross between sports and family. Writer who writes a lot of sport books. Like Travel  Team ,Summer ball and The Big Field.it a good young adult literature. Mike is regularly on espn sports reporters.


  Heat is a good read. It’s about a twelve year old named Miguel Arroyo and his 17 year old brother Carlos. They live in south Bronx. They both love baseball. Miguel uses his arm to ruin a purse snatcher attempt. He throws the ball at the thief and he gets credit from the authorities. Then people start asking him about his parents. They couldn't tell them that their dad died of a heart attack and that Carlos is taking care of him. Because they didn't won’t foster care to take them both and separate them both. So they came up with a lie and there lies keep building up.
   I really liked this book I thought it was a great read because it never got boring. It would always keep you on your toes and wondering what’s going to happen next I also really like sports so it was interesting to me. I did think it kind off start off slow to me.
   I say it’s a great story to read. If you are looking for a book to read that makes you always wondering what’s going to happen next this is the one. I personally have a hard time getting into a what I’m reading and with this book I didn't
 .So when you get a chance go to the library near you or go on to amazon and get it
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment