Tuesday, March 4, 2014

'61 Hours'



By Ben M.

            This is the 14th Jack Reacher book by Lee Child. The book takes place in Bolton, South Dakota where Reacher, the main character, gets stranded due to a bus accident. He is then faced with his first problem, he has to keep an old lady alive after she witnesses a drug deal from the snowbound wastes of Bolton. This villain is willing to kill and even torture and cripple. Most people associate a ticking clock with suspense and Lee Child literally did this.

  I loved the interaction between Jack and the voice on the phone in Washington and the discovery of the original purpose behind the military site. Very cool and creepy at the same time. And there's a new angle on the old drug running plot element which caught me off guard and then made me laugh at the end with its final effects on the town. When I first got this book I did not know how good it would be but this book deserves a 3.7 out of 5.

I just wish that we could know how Reacher escapes from the explosion. I think she made a mistake and should have included that in this book. I guess we have to read the next book now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment