Friday, May 18, 2018

First and What


by Maddie S.

An easy read, but sort of complex. First and Then was what it sounded like, a love story. However, unlike most, the main character was more repulsive than anything. Throughout the book, Devin finds new challenges in her life when her awkward cousin, Foster, comes to live with them. She tries her best to ignore him and his every movement, but it is kind of hard when he becomes one of the most popular kids in school. She also is at a loss with her best friend/love interest, Cas, when he moves on from her. This leaves Devin, in gym class, with Ezra.


Ezra is an All-American football hero, who moves to Devin's small town in order to make his stats go through the roof. Of so Devin thought. After doing some more research for her school news paper -- and personal interest -- she finds that Ezra isn't the asshole or superstar he is portrayed to be.
I don't know if I would read more of Emma Mills' writing because I felt very mature for it. Also, it was a fairly breezy read, and even though I could relate to a lot of it on a personal level, I don't think it was for me. Maybe if I was in eighth grade again…


No comments:

Post a Comment